Working with the prison service, this programme will use your skills and experiences working in the civil service to provide learning opportunities and mentoring for young offenders.
There are 2 projects to choose from:
- Young Offender Institute Lancaster Farms
- HM Prison and Young Offenders Institute Hindley
The project is scheduled to run April to July 2014, although this is subject to change.
YOI Lancaster Farms: 6 days over 4 weeks, plus a 5 day pre-planning course before the start date
HMP and YOI Hindley: 1 day a week for 5 weeks, plus a 5 day pre-planning course before the start date
- Setting direction: seeing the big picture
- Engaging people: leading and communicating
- Engaging people: collaborating and partnering
- Engaging people: building capability for all
- Delivering results: delivering at pace
All applicants will need to be security vetted. You maybe asked to provide:
- photo ID
- right to work
- criminal convictions history
- confirmation and history of address
- professional registration and qualification proof
- counter signatory checks
Ministry of Justice
Anybody who is pregnant is not allowed to enter either prison, so any activity would be limited to development of the programme offsite.
Travel costs to be met by your department or office
How to apply
In no more than 250 words, please explain:
- what you hope to get out of the project
- what skills you feel you could offer the project
- what interests you most about the project
Please also indicate which institute you would like to work with.
Closing date for applications is 14 April 2014