MOSAIC was founded by HRH Prince of Wales to help young people from deprived communities to realise their talent and potential through mentoring programmes. It is now working in schools in Bristol, and we are looking for volunteers who would like to work with children and their families who are third country nationals (ie living in the UK legally, but not British citizens).
The time commitment would usually be about 2 hours per week, and full training, support and materials will be provided.
Mentoring through the Mosaic Programme, you will:
- have the opportunity to help local young people and impact on their wider families and community
- develop your existing coaching, listening and communication skills which will enhance your performance in the workplace
- receive free training and resources from Business in the Community
- be provided with learning opportunities that are relevant and appropriate for your role as well as clear resources to lead each session e.g. role models, confidence, citizenship and the role of people in their community
- work alongside colleagues in group mentoring sessions, supporting each other and developing your team-working skills
- receive dedicated support and supervision throughout the programme
If you would like to know more, or get involved, please contact Val Cobbin.