At some point in our lives mental health has affected us all. It affects how we feel, how we think and also how we behave but do we recognise the symptoms in order to manage and deal with mental health effectively?
This 2 day internationally recognised course is open to any Civil Servants and will teach you to recognise the symptoms of mental health issues, provide initial help, and will also provide information on how to guide a person towards seeking appropriate professional help.
What you will learn:
- What is mental health?
- Suicide and depression
- Anxiety, eating disorders, and self harm
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
This course if for 2 full days - you must be able to attend from 9 am to 5 pm.
When: 12th and 13th July 2017
Where: UK Space Agency, Swindon, SN2 1SZ
The usual cost of this 2 day training course is £300 however the Charity for Civil Servants will be running the training at a reduced rate of £100 per person which will be invoiced to your finance departments.
A minimum of 14 people need to secure a place, in order for the training course to go ahead. You will need your line manager’s approval that your department will pay travel and subsistence costs, plus the £100 for the course.
To book your place, please register on Eventbrite here.
If you have any questions please contact Danielle Eyre
Civil Service Local is committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements that will enable you to fully participate, please let us know and we will endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments.