The session will cover:
- How civil servants can get involved with activities in schools
- How civil servants can help by linking the curriculum to the world of work and support teachers in bringing ‘subjects to life’
- All you need to know about the role of a governor, including the benefits of volunteering as a governor, training available from the National Governors Association and current hot topics in governance
- How to find current governing board vacancies in your area and how to get in touch with schools
- An introduction to the role of the Enterprise Adviser and what this entails
Partners from inspiring governance , the Enterprise Adviser network and CS Local will be on hand to answer questions and share their experiences. There will be the opportunity to hear from current volunteers, including the Aspire2Inspire project team, a Front Line Manager Academy family who are encouraging civil service colleagues to get involved in governance.
You don’t need to have experience of working with schools and colleges, just passion and a commitment to help raise the aspirations of young people and increase the opportunity for upward social mobility.
There was an article about the role of an Enterprise Adviser previously on the blog which you can find by clicking here
Civil service Local are committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements , please let us know and we will endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments
You can book your place Here