Who we are
We are part of Cabinet Office but based in our regions.
Our purpose is to bring together departments and agencies within each locality to deliver actions and opportunities that will bring the new vision to life and encourage more of us to be part of it - helping us become a Brilliant Civil Service.
Through better participation the Civil Service will achieve the cultural shift needed to turn vision into reality and our role is to be a catalyst in that process.
Where we are and how to contact us
The best way to reach us us to read and comment on our blog pages. They are categorised under our various locations around the country and according to the nature of the work being undertaken.
- We currently have teams in Preston, Newcastle upon Tyne, Birmingham, Peterborough, London, and Bristol.
- Look at and apply for one or more of our Learning & Development opportunities
- General enquiries about the programme or this blog can be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- if your enquiry is about a particular area of the country then please email
- Civil Service Local does not currently operate in Northern Ireland or Scotland
Social Media Policy
Our social media accounts are run by a team of editors working within the regional teams supported by Hazel Hetherington and John Haskey. Our accounts are used to communicate Civil Service Local messages primarily for currently serving Civil Servants, but of general interest beyond.
Editors may highlight content from other accounts, for example by commenting, liking or retweeting (depending on the platform) but this does not constitute any kind of endorsement.
Editors may also decide to connect on networks or to follow other accounts. This also does not constitute an endorsement and requests will not influence actions.
We regret that we may not be able to respond to all requests/messages/comments we receive via social media. On occasion we may respond generally to a number of questions at once rather than deal with each individually.
How to make suggestions or complain about our services.
- Please send comments, complaints and compliments to Leo Castledine the Head of Civil Service Local
- Or comment directly on the blog posts (Please also read our Comments and moderation policy)
The majority of the images used on our sites are either Public Domain or Open Government Licence, often taken by Civil Servants at our events. A few images have been taken from Wikimedia Commons and either used directly or compiled into a mosaic. Where this has been done we will aim to attribute the author that uploaded the image to Wikimedia here.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Klein_e.jpg under under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International, 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license. Incorporated in another image released under OGL.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Latin_capital_letter_adyghe_E.svg Person unknown. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.