Who we are
We are part of the Cabinet Office but based in our regions.
Our purpose is to bring together departments and agencies within each locality to deliver actions and opportunities that will bring the new vision to life and encourage more of us to be part of it - helping us become A Brilliant Civil Service.
Through better participation, the Civil Service will achieve the cultural shift needed to turn vision into reality and our role is to be a catalyst in that process.
Kathie has now moved onto a new role and James Dumbill is now the new Head of Civil Service Local is in post.
Where we are and how to contact us
The best way to reach us is to read and comment on our blog pages. They are categorised under our various locations around the country and according to the nature of the work being undertaken.
We have been operating in England and Wales for several years and have now extended the work to Scotland and Northern Ireland, and expanded the work in Wales.
Civil Servants are welcome to join the activities of adjacent areas, for example, where you live or where you work.
Our staff are currently based in the following locations
- Edinburgh covering Scotland and Belfast, Northern Ireland contact Tammy Baillie
- Preston and Liverpool covering the North West of England, contact Alan Murphy
- Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne covering the North East of England, Yorkshire and the Humber, contact Richard Armstrong and Kelly Roush
- Birmingham, covering the The Midlands, contact Angela Fisher and Vanessa Boden
- Cambridge and London covering the East & South East of England and London , contact Ian Barton and Nafesa SalahUdDin
- Bristol covering South West of England, contact Heidi Stephens
- Newport covering Wales, contact Kim Ann Williamson
General enquiries about the programme or this blog can be sent to the CS Local Corporate Team
Social Media Policy
Our social media accounts are run by a team of editors working within the regional teams supported by Hazel Hetherington and John Haskey. Our accounts are used to communicate Civil Service Local messages primarily for currently serving Civil Servants, but may be of general interest beyond.
Editors may highlight content from other accounts, for example by commenting, liking or retweeting (depending on the platform) but this does not constitute any kind of endorsement.
Editors may also decide to connect on networks or to follow other accounts. This also does not constitute an endorsement and requests will not influence actions.
We regret that we may not be able to respond to all requests/messages/comments we receive via social media. On occasion, we may respond generally to a number of questions at once rather than deal with each individually. Freedom of Information requests directly relating to Civil Service Local should be made via the Corporate Team.
How to make suggestions or complain about our services.
- Please send comments, complaints and compliments to the Corporate Team or James Dumbill Head of Civil Service Local
- Or comment directly on the blog posts (Please also read our comments and moderation policy)
The majority of the images used on our sites are either Public Domain or Open Government Licence, often taken by Civil Servants at our events. A few images have been taken from Wikimedia Commons and either used directly or compiled into a mosaic. Where this has been done we will aim to attribute the author that uploaded the image to Wikimedia below:
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Klein_e.jpg under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International, 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license. Incorporated in another image released under OGL.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Latin_capital_letter_adyghe_E.svg Person unknown. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
Civil Service Local On-Line
We are providing some of our services on-line using tools like YouTube and Vimeo. You can see the broadcasts below when they are live.
Recordings from previous sessions are available to registered delegates.
Unfortunately, Live Chat isn't available but you can email comments and questions to us.
If you can't see closed captions please email us for a transcript