We welcome and encourage comments about our services and publications. When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it's inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
- If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments from new users are pre-moderated to check they comply with the CS Local participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments.
Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and is it something we can answer publicly? If so we will post a timely response within 48 hours.
Is this person asking for information or detail relating to another Departments or is it a GOV.UK content query? If so, we'll pass the query on and update the user on progress.
We will read but not always directly respond to every comment made. We anticipate that some responses will come from other readers. Some comments will not be made public and we may choose to respond via email.
Please use a “.gov.uk” email account when posting – this site is primarily directed towards serving Civil Servants. If comments are made by people outside the Civil Service then the comment may not be published or we may reply quoting the comment made.
So please comment and join the conversation. Comments, complaints and suggestions can also be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org the Head of Civil Service Local.