We have volunteering opportunities to offer throughout November and into December in both primary and secondary schools in Walsall.
- 21 November - Money Skills Workshop, Rushall Primary - Year 3 children (7 and 8 yr olds) will be taking part in a series of interactive games, quizzes and activities, introducing the importance of budgeting and raising awareness of how money impacts the everyday environment. Volunteers will help the childrenwith the activities throughout the day.
- various dates in November - Get Inspired Workshops, Lodge Farm Primary - like the money skills workshop children will take part in a series of interactive games, quizzes and activities but this workshop is aimed at Year 6 children (10 and 11 year olds) who will be looking at future pathways in education and employment.
- 14 and 26 November - Business Skills Challenge, Aldridge and Cheslyn Hay High schools - help to develop students' communication, teamwork, self-confidence and presentation skills as they devise a business project and present to a dragon's den style panel
- 19 November and 12 December - Bullying Awareness and Drugs/Alcohol Awareness Days, Pool Hayes school - help students develop key skills and, at the same time, increas awareness of current issues around bullying, drugs and alcohol
- 21 November - Practice interview skills, Aldridge school - work with 6th form students to improve their interview technique
So, if you have never volunteered before but would like to give it a go and use your skills in a different way, click on the details below.
Or, if you have done this before and enjoyed it so much you would like to do it again, please do!