If you would like one to one help completing a competency example for a job application, we will be holding one of our popular competency surgeries.
When: 6th September 2017
Where: Old Tree Court, 64 Exeter Street, Plymouth, PL4 0AJ
Book your 30 minute slot between 10:00 and 16:30 on Eventbrite.
What can you expect:
- Honest feedback about how your competence can be improved, (which you can then apply to your other competencies).
- 30 minute face to face conversation with an experienced sifter from a pool of cross government departments.
What we expect from you:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your time slot with one drafted competence of your choice.
- Be willing to take on board feedback and be open-minded!
Please do not expect:
- Your competence to be scored.
- Your competence to be re-written.
In addition to the half hour sessions, a Career Transition Adviser with the Home Office will be giving a 1 hour presentation on useful hints and tips on how to write a competency statement; how to prepare for an interview and how to deliver your competencies in the interview.
Location and date as above, time 12 till 1 and booking for the presentation is separate to the competency surgery. You can book a place for the presentation here.
Civil Service Local is committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements that will enable you to fully participate, please let us know and we will endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments.