We are holding an induction event for new entrants, who have joined the Civil Service in the past 2 years.
The aims are:-
- Highlight the breadth of the work undertaken by the Civil Service
- Promote a future of collaborative working and build a skilled workforce
- Encourage personal development
- Demonstrate the Civil Service as a supportive employer
The event will be a mix of speakers, stalls and networking activities, to include:
- The profile of the Civil Service in your area
- An overview of the history and vision for the Civil Service
- Support available to you
- An opportunity to engage and network with colleagues from other departments
- Personal and professional development opportunities such as learning and volunteering opportunities.
Date - 15 October 2019
Grade - Any who have joined the Civil Service in the past 2 years.
Location - Conference room, The Met Office, FitzRoy Road, Exeter ,Devon EX1 3PB
Time - 10 am (for a 10.30 start) till 2.30 pm (with opportunity to network after till 3 pm)
Booking is online via this link and you must have your line manager's approval to attend. This may count towards your 5 a year learning and development days. Any travel and subsistence costs must be met by your department. Lunch won't be provided but there is a cafe you can purchase from onsite or you can bring lunch with you. An agenda and more information will follow nearer the time.
Attendees are encouraged to use public transport to attend the event. The Met Office is well served by local buses and is within walking distance of Pinhoe train station. See the Met Office website for further information https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/contact/in-exeter
Limited parking is available on site, so can't be guaranteed. If you require a space please note this in your booking and we will follow up with you when we know numbers.
Civil Service Local are committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements that will enable you to fully participate, please let us know and we will endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments.
If you have any questions please email Heidi