There is much confusion around Equality and Diversity. It's often obscured by myths and people are wary of dealing with the issues, for fear that they may do or say something wrong.
Our latest discovery session, aimed at Civil Servants that are team leaders, supervisors and managers, will be delivered by Mick Storey from Acas. This practical interactive session will give you a better understanding of:
- What diversity and inclusion is about
- Why it makes business sense to embrace diversity and inclusion in business activities
- The key legal principles which impact on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- How to encourage the values and personal behaviours that foster open workplace cultures
- Being aware of the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace, how to recognise and manage the issues which arise
Areas to be explored include:
- Where you stand legally
- The impacts on individuals, managers and the business
- Managing inappropriate behaviour
- What to look out for
Two sessions are available for booking. One in Exeter and one in Plymouth. We will be looking to secure further sessions in Wales shortly, so please keep an eye on the blog for more information.
Exeter - 5th September 10.30am to 12.45pm at Sterling House, Dix's Field, Exeter, EX1 1QA
Plymouth - 21st September 10.30am to 12.45pm at Old Tree Court, 64 Exeter Street, Plymouth, PL4 0AJ
This event is open to all Civil Servants departments. You will need your line manager’s approval to attend and travel and subsistence costs must be met by your home department. Lunch/refreshments will not be provided, so please make alternative arrangements.
If you have any questions about these sessions please contact Heidi
Civil Service Local is committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements that will enable you to fully participate, please let us know and we will endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments.