We are looking for volunteers to share their skills and knowledge in our latest cross-departmental competency surgery, giving 1:1 advice to other civil servants.
We would like Grade 6 to Executive Officers with sifting experience to volunteer their time to help other civil servants writing competency examples for job applications, for an event that we are planning at RAF Wyton in Cambridgeshire. This event will take place on 16 May 2017. Even if you can't travel to Wyton, you can still contribute as we can also arrange for advice to be given over the telephone as well as face-to-face.
A pre-meet (via teleconference) to share materials will be mandatory before taking part in any of the events.
Helping to develop others is a rewarding experience and we welcome experienced sifters from across the Civil Service to take part in these events.
Reasons to get involved
- An opportunity to brush up on your skills and learn new ones;
- To help fellow civil servants looking for promotion or a change of job;
- To use one of your 5 a year learning days;
- To network with others and meet colleagues from other departments.
If you can help please contact us telling us:
- your grade;
- your department;
- your sifting experience;
- other relevant information.
Details of how you can attend the competency surgery will be published here soon.