Unusual activities can provide an ideal opportunity to further develop presentation, leadership and communication skills. Whether you offer support as an individual, or as a team, there is a lot to be gained from stepping out of your comfort zone.
If you have a passion, skill or talent, George Betts Academy need volunteers to deliver:
Golden Learning Sessions – Friday afternoons from 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Share your musical talent by getting children involved in creating their own music
- Passionate about re-enactment? Dress to impress and bring your favourite time in history to life.
- Volunteers fluent in more than one language, to help support an after school session for children newly arrived in the UK and their families.
- Professional carpentry/decorating skills for the library refurbishment and keen gardners for a tidy up session.
- Support for young people with confidence building, planning, independence, using initiative and making friends. Can you help devise and deliver an activity session for year 6 school leavers to help them make the transition to secondary school? This could be a great team building activity. Help needed on dates between 19 July 2017 and 25 July 2017
- Inspiring speakers. Have you had an unusual job? Tell your story in a fun and engaging way, in 15 minutes to 90 children in their careers assembly
Alison Enever would like to hear from you if you can offer something special to inspire pupil’s imagination and creativity.