In association with the EBP South we have a number of volunteering opportunities for you to help and inspire young people in Fareham, Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth and Southampton.
They are specifically:
Business speed networking event
Engage with students to network and chat about careers and post 16 options - talk to groups of around 5 students for approx. 6—8 minutes on a rotation basis to enable students to learn about different career sectors and paths.
Interview Preparation Day
Help to run workshops to prepare students for the interview process, students will gain an understanding on how to prepare for interviews and what employers are looking for including CV preparation, body language, interview skills and assessment centre tasks.
Using staged interviews to create an interview situation that is as close to reality as possible. Students will receive valuable experience to help prepare for future opportunities. Includes time for feedback and guidance from employers.
Guess My Job
This is for primary school students aged 9/10. A team of 4 volunteers from a range of professional backgrounds participate in a ‘Guess My Job’ activity. A simple one or two hour session on a 15-minute rotation with props and visuals.
We are looking for volunteers for the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday 13 March 2018, Mayfield School, Portsmouth—Timings TBC - Business Speed Networking—Year 9
- Tuesday 13 March 2018, Hounsdown School, Southampton—08.15—14.45 Mock Interviews—Year 10
- Thursday 14 March 2018, Mayfield School, Portsmouth—08.30—15.00 - Interview Prep. Day —Year 10
- Tuesday 27 March 2018, Fareham Academy, Fareham—08.15—14.30 Mock Interview Day— Year 10
- Thursday 29 March 2018, Park Community School, Havant—08.15—14.45 Mock Interview Day— Year 10
- Thursday 29 March 2018, Mayfield School, Portsmouth—08.15—15.00 Mock Interview Day—Year 10
- Monday 25 June, Wildern School, Southampton—08.30—13.30 Mock Interviews—Year 10
Primary School dates for Guess my Job
- Wednesday 18 April, Gomer Junior School, Gosport—08.15—15.00
- Tuesday 8 May, St. Columba C of E Primary School, Portsmouth — 11.00 —12.00
- Tuesday 19 June, Brockhurst Primary School, Portsmouth — 13.15 —14.15
- Wednesday 20 June, Northern Parade Junior School, Portsmouth — 13.00 —15.00
- Thursday 21June, Crofton Hammond Junior School, Portsmouth — 14.00 —15.00
- Tuesday 26 June, Wimborne Junior School, Portsmouth — 09.30 —11.30
Why get involved?
- It's good for your CV To give back to your local community
- Help the next generation Develop your skills
- It's a fun interactive way to volunteer
- It can be a one-off commitment
- It can help motivate you
- It can be very rewarding
If you are interested in taking part in any of these activities please email us stating which date and opportunity.
Before expressing your interest, please discuss this learning/volunteering opportunity with your line manager to ensure you are able to take the time away from your work. Any T&S to be paid by your home department.