Could you share your leadership experience as a facilitator or mentor on the 2020 CS Local Future Leaders Academies for the North East and Yorkshire and the Humber?
The Future Leaders Academy is a cross departmental opportunity, with two 12 month programmes, one in Newcastle and one in Leeds, starting in January 2020 . It consists of action learning modules based on the 4 pillars of the vision for the Civil Service: Skilled People, Effective Leaders, A Great Place to Work and Improved Outcomes, as well as the Civil Service Leadership Statement.
How can you help?
There are two ways to support the Academy either as a group facilitator or as a personal mentor:
- For the facilitator role, we are looking for people with experience of leading, management and facilitating groups
- For the mentor role, we looking for people to share their leadership experience as part of our great contingent of existing mentors and help someone develop their career.
What is the facilitator role?
The facilitators will work as part of a small team supporting the delivery of the Academy modules and project work by:
- Leading sessions related to leadership, the vision for a brilliant service and learning linked to behaviours to the whole Academy group
- Facilitating a small cross departmental group to guide them through 3 2-day learning modules
- Coaching their small group to develop an innovative project idea and deliver this over the remaining period.
You can find out more about the facilitator role here.
What is the mentor role?
An important part of the Academy is to pair participants with a mentor from another department to support their personal and career development and help them to get the most out of the learning from the modules and the project work. The time requirement is a minimum of 2 hours a month for mentoring meetings and we also ask mentors to offer their mentor a chance to shadow them in their role.
You can find out more about the mentor role here.
What can you gain from this?
Both roles provide an opportunity for personal and professional development to work with people from across departments gaining awareness of the bigger picture and developing positive behaviours including communicating, leading, working with and developing yourself and others.
How do I get involved?
To get involved in this brilliant initiative developing yourself and others please email Anne Hunter for an expression of interest and return completed forms by Friday 11 October 2019.