Change is a challenge for us all across the Civil Service. So how would you like to enhance your skills to manage change more effectively? Then come and join us for our inaugural CS Connect Scotland event - created by a cross-departmental project team working in conjunction with CS Local Scotland - for a focused day examining how the Civil Service in Scotland
handles and operates during periods of change.
The aims of the event are:
- to provide an opportunity for civil servants to gain an insight into, and explore, some of the challenges facing the various departments in Scotland;
- to identify and improve the particular skills needed in times of organisational change;
- to highlight opportunities for improved cross-departmental collaboration;
- to support our vision of A Brilliant Civil Service;
By the end of the day you will have strengthened skills, new ideas, connections and tools to help you better approach change, whilst actively supporting the 4 pillars of our Brilliant Civil Service vision.
- Improved outcomes – become more efficient and innovative to deliver better products and services.
- Skilled people – become more adaptable and take personal responsibility.
- Effective leaders – become more inspiring , confident and empowering.
- A great place to work – creating a truly inclusive, modern and connected Civil Service community.
And how do we plan to achieve all this? Through a varied program of challenging and engaging activities, including several facilitated and highly interactive workshops, numerous networking opportunities, a market stall showcasing local departments and a question and answer session with Senior Scottish civil servants.
So come along to learn more about how you can play a part in the big picture of transformation within the Civil Service in Scotland.
When: Friday 11 October 2019
Where: Dept. for International Development (DFID), ground floor ALBA building, Abercrombie House, Eaglesham Road, East Kilbride, G75 8EA.
Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm
If you wish to attend please secure your place by booking your place here
This event can count towards your 5-a-year learning and development days. You will need to seek authorisation from your line manager in order to attend and any travel and subsistence expenses must be met by your home department. Please note that lunch/refreshments are not included, however there is a canteen on-site where food can be purchased. Please also be aware there is no parking available at the venue, but the office is a short walk from Hairmyres train station. Your staff ID/pass will be required for entrance to Abercrombie House.
If you have any questions please contact Margaret Duncan
We are committed to ensuring that wherever possible our events are accessible to all participants. If you have any specific requirements that would enable you to fully participate, please let us know and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments.