Learn from the very best - spend a morning with a Director General exploring policy, the role of transport and infrastructure in revitalising communities - above all, discover what it takes to lead through complex challenges.
On Friday 1 May, Tricia Hayes CB, Director General and Head of the Policy Profession at Department for Transport, will share her rich leadership insights and experience in a unique workshop for senior managers, organised by the Policy Profession Unit and CS Local:
"An excellent and very thought-provoking morning. More of this sort of thing please!"
"Fantastic workshop - it gave me so much to think about and really opened my eyes"
"An excellent, engaging and informative workshop. Tricia was highly motivating, inspiring and relatable speaker."
"[Tricia's] frankness was much appreciated - I found her very engaging, a really effective (and fun) communicator!"
Designed for senior managers (G6/7s) and Fast Streamers, this session will help you to think about:
- Making the right choice: how do you ensure you get it right?
- How to make sure the elements are properly joined up
- Understanding the context so your policy will work
- Managing stakeholders and their often competing aims
As with all Knowledge Series workshops, you can expect to:
- Learn from the real experiences, insight and achievements of those who have actually worked on a high-profile Government project, a problem area or in a particular situation
- Learn from your fellow delegates/ gain the benefit of their different viewpoints; and
- Make new contacts beyond your Department and build your professional network.
When: Friday 1 May 2020
Where: Five Ways House, Birmingham, B15 1SL
Places are strictly limited - click here to secure your place.