At some point in our lives mental health has affected us all. It affects how we feel, how we think and also how we behave, but do we recognise the symptoms in order to manage and deal with mental health effectively?
Mental Health First Aid England has approved the Charity for Civil Servants to deliver adult MHFA courses. This 2 day internationally recognised course is open to all civil servants and will teach you to recognise the symptoms of mental health issues, provide initial help, and also provide information on how to guide a person towards seeking appropriate professional help.
- What is mental health?
- Suicide and depression
- Anxiety, eating disorders, and self harm
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
This course is for 2 full days and you must be able to attend both days from 9:00am to 5:00pm. There are two courses available:
- 23/24 January 2018 - 1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ
- 14/15 February 2018 - 1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ
The usual cost of this 2 day training course is £300. The Charity for Civil Servants will be running the training at a significantly reduced rate of £100.
You will need your line manager’s approval for your department to pay the cost of the course plus any travel and subsistence.
Please check your department's policies towards MHFA (or equivalent) training - some areas of the country and some departments have their own arrangements for describing and training in Mental Health awareness and support e.g. MH Advocate, Ally, Ambassador, Buddy or Champion.
If you would like to attend the Mental Health First Aid training please email email@example.com to request a booking form, stating your preferred dates.
Places are limited so please book early.