In association with the Skills Service we have a number of volunteering opportunities to engage with young people, either in the Peterborough area or the neighbouring counties.
They are specifically:
Using staged interviews to create an interview situation that is as close to reality as possible. Year 11 students will receive valuable experience to help prepare for future opportunities. Includes time for feedback and guidance from employers.
Providing tips and advice on CV formats and content, including input from employers on what they look for when recruiting.
Meet the Professional
A chance for students to meet local business people and ask them relevant questions to improve their knowledge of the workplace and life after school.
Giving information to students about their future career options whilst promoting the Civil Service as a career of choice and advising on the different entry routes.
We are looking for volunteers for the following dates and locations.
- 16th: Mock Interviews at Stamford Welland Academy, Stamford
- 16th: Mock Interviews at Bottisham Village College (between Cambridge and Newmarket.
- 17th: CV Workshop at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris
- 17th: Meet the Professionals at Longsands Academy, St Neot
- 18th: CV Workshop at Neale-Wade Academy, March
- 18th: Mock Interviews at Neale-Wade Academy, March
- 18th: Meet the Professionals at Longsands Academy, St Neots
- 23rd: Careers Fair at Queen Katharine Academy, Peterborough
- 24th: Mock Interviews at The Deepings School, Deeping St James
- 25th: CV Workshop at Thomas Clarkson Academy, Wisbech
- 29th: Meet the Professionals at Sawtry Village Academy
- 30th: Meet the Professionals at Sawtry Village Academy
- 30th: CV Workshop at Bottisham Village College, between Cambridge and Newmarket
- 31st: Mock Interviews at The Deepings School, Deeping St James
- 1st: CV Workshop at Bourne Academy
- 7th: Mock Interviews at The Deepings School Deeping St James
- 26th: CV Workshop at Thomas Deacon Academy Peterborough
By taking part in these activities, sharing your experience and knowledge, you help the students gain an insight into real working life and modern work practices whilst building your confidence, enhancing your own skills and collecting valuable supporting evidence for your annual report or CV.
If you are interested in taking part in any of these activities please email us stating which date and opportunity.
Before expressing your interest please discuss this learning/volunteering opportunity with your line manager to ensure you are able to take the time away from your work.