CS Local Scotland would like to introduce you to The Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA) who work to promote competition for the benefit of consumers, both within and outside the UK. Its aim is to make markets work well for consumers, businesses and the economy.
Over the last year, the CMA has undergone a massive expansion in Scotland with over 40 new staff joining in a variety of roles and professions.
This session will enable you to hear from colleagues and find out more about the role and functions of the CMA.
By the end of the session, you will:
- understand the role and function of the CMA and how it fits into the consumer landscape in Scotland
- hear from staff across a range of roles and professions in CMA demonstrating 'A Brilliant Civil Service'
- find out about opportunities to shadow staff within the CMA Edinburgh office
- connect with people from different departments in an environment where you can learn and share information
- gain insight into local and national challenges and government priorities
When: Thursday 23 May 2019
Where: Office for Secretary of State for Scotland 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HW
Time: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact Alistair Hill
Please click on address for directions to the venue , previously known as The Scotland Office