Civil Service Local have an opportunity to work with our East, South-East, London (ESEL) team as a project manager for a number of our programmes.
Our mission is to improve the effectiveness of the Civil Service by:
- Connecting civil servants;
- Building their capabilities; and
- Strengthening our ‘Brilliant Civil Service’ culture where we work and live.
To achieve this we run cross-departmental programmes which bring together civil servants to build their personal and professional skill set.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for contributing to the planning and delivery of the ESEL Local Delivery Plan 2020-2021.
Your role will include managing various projects, including stakeholder engagement, event management and evaluating success and impact.
So, what’s in it for you?
- for personal development working closely with individuals from different government departments with different grade levels and backgrounds
- to be involved in shaping and developing the future model for cross government learning and development
- to develop skills in delivering project outcomes, facilitation, event planning, budgets and more.
What will you bring to the role?
- leadership and communication skills
- collaboration skills
- the ability to deliver at pace, working flexibly, driving activities to meet deadlines and produce a quality product.
Roles will be on a secondment basis for either:
one or two days per week, for approximately 12 months
full-time, initially for 6 months with the possibility to extend to 12 months
Start date will be dependent on mutual agreement between departments; we are looking for the roles to potentially start in April 2020. Your home department must be willing to continue to fund your salary. CS Local is a flexible and dynamic team and we are happy to discuss places of working and time commitments.
To apply for a position, or for further information, please contact Ian Barton by 05 March 2020 with a CV and short cover letter stating which secondment basis you are interested in, and why you would be suitable for the role.