The Skills Service are looking for mentors from the business community in the Peterborough, Rutland, Fenland, King's Lynn and West Norfolk area to become positive role models for students. Mentors can be at any stage of their own career, whether relatively new to the world of work or approaching retirement.
Many young people are at risk of not achieving their full potential and this mentoring programme aims to give young people life changing experiences to inspire them about the world of work.
Benefits of being a mentor
- Hugh satisfaction gained through making a positive difference to a young person’s life.
- Develop key management skills in listening, motivating and problem solving
Your role as mentor
- To meet in small groups or on a one to one basis with student(s) for a period of one academic year.
- To develop supportive relationships with the mentees
- To provide opportunities for the mentee(s) to improve their knowledge about the world of work
- To give constructive feedback to mentee(s)
- One day mentor training
- Half day safeguarding training
- Eight 50 minute mentoring sessions per academic year
How to get involved
If you are interested or would like to know more email email@example.com or phone 01733 863698. Please mention CS Local when you apply.
Suitable applicants will be interviewed by the Skills Service and an enhanced DBS check will be required.