We are the Roadshow team, made up of 10 Civil Servants, each of us working for a different Government department, including the Ministry of Defence, The Food Standards Agency and the Home Office, to name just a few.
We first met one another on an Academy run by Civil Service Local. Our early talks focused on finding out about each other, asking what departments each person worked for and what we all busied ourselves with in the office (or in a few cases, out on the ground). We soon realised we had a few things in common here…
We all work for the Civil Service and we all work within one region, yet most of us had no idea we had other Government departments so nearby and we certainly had no idea what each other’s day (or night) jobs involved! Even in these early conversations with each other, we were fascinated, intrigued and wanted to know more about the work each other completed day to day.
We left our academy feeling strongly that more should be done to connect us civil servants with each other. More should be done to showcase the amazing work we all contribute to the Civil Service and there should be more opportunities for us to develop connections not just within our own departments, but with others also. So what did we do? We did something about this.
Introducing 'The Civil Service Local Roadshow'.
So, what is the Civil Service Local Roadshow? Our roadshow is a series of separate events, each showcasing the work of a different government department within the East, South East and London region.
Who is the roadshow for? All Civil Servants!
Why should I attend?
- Because it’s a fantastic opportunity to see the important work completed by other departments.
- You will leave our events inspired, seeing the bigger picture beyond your own department.
- Our events will offer you a chance to develop connections with colleagues from other Civil Service departments.
- Through networking at our events, you will maximise your future opportunities within the Civil Service.
- We will show you that the Civil Service is a great place to work.
The first roadshow showcases the Defence Geographic Centre, part of the Ministry of Defence
When 30 November 2017, 10am - 1pm
Where Elmwood Avenue, Feltham, TW13 7AH
Come and listen to:
- A fascinating talk from the Director of the Defence Geographic Centre, providing a snapshot into a function of the MOD and the importance of geospatial intelligence.
- Learn about Mission Management, the operational work the unit complete, most recently, their humanitarian assistance to the UK reaction to Hurricane Irma.
- Hear how the unit contribute to other organisations by providing vital up to date Air Information.
- Visit the many showcase stalls to see the varied work the unit completes.
Treat yourself at our cake sale
Book your place now Don’t delay, limited spaces available!
We look forward to welcoming you there!
The Civil Service Local RoadshowTeam, East, South East and London
Raising awareness and developing networks
Watch out for more information about other Roadshow events