It is National Inclusion Week this week, and with that we are delighted to announce the CS Local Diversity and Inclusion Network for Scotland is now off and running.
It has held its first meeting recently, with 10 members across 5 Departments, with DWP, HMRC, Department for International Development, Ministry of Defence and Scottish Government represented.
The theme for this year’s Inclusion Week is Everyday Inclusion, which aims to;
- Celebrate everyday, practical ways you can create an inclusive environment in your workplace and inspire others to do so
- Engage your organisation in the commercial and social opportunities of inclusion
- Generate new ideas to make inclusion an everyday reality
Whilst it is possibly a bit early for our network to get too involved in the Inclusion Week effort directly it has already provided food for thought, with valuable insight into the approach to Diversity and Inclusion in the various Departments and further work planned as follows:
- Showcase elements from Inclusion Week from their own organisations at the next meeting
- Identify from the Civil Service wide data where we can focus and drive improvements
- Consider targeting hard to reach groups when recruiting
Lots to do and with 46 Departments / Agencies in the Civil Service in Scotland we can extend our reach and grow to ensure we are as representative, diverse and inclusive as we can be.
Interested in joining the Diversity & Inclusion Network Scotland, please get in touch with either the Senior Sponsor, Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Network lead Jacqueline.email@example.com