Due to the popularity of these sessions we have added extra dates available to colleagues in any location...
The session which will focus on lasting power of attorney and wills. The rules differ in England and Scotland, so please ensure you join the correct session.
Did you know that;
- Lasting Power of Attorney: protects you during your lifetime
- having a LPA gives someone you trust - usually a relative or friend the power to act on your behalf
- without a LPA all your assets, including joint ones are frozen until a deputyship order has been granted
- it takes 9 months to appoint a deputy and can cost a minimum of £2170
- putting Lasting Power of Attorney in place while you are able to can avoid all the above issue
Did you know that Wills;
- ensure your wishes are known and are respected
- should be in place if you own a property, have children or have more than £5,000 in savings
- set out where you want your assets to go and when
- make gifts of sentimental value
- choose your Executors and Trustees
- choose your Guardians for children under 18
- are important and should be reviewed every 3 to 5 years.
These sessions will offer a great source of information and advice to those wanting to know more. The sessions will be small and interactive with a chance to get all your questions answered.